As of today, Monday 18th April 2022, the requirement to wear a face covering in many indoor settings has become guidance, as opposed to a legal requirement.
What else is changing?
There are a number of changes which are coming into place over the coming weeks and months ahead:
- For the purposes of twice weekly testing, LF tests will no longer be available for the general population
- If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, you will still need to undertake a PCR test, which is available until the end of April and follow the self-isolation guidance based on your vaccination status
- Close contacts of positive cases who are fully vaccinated should continue to LF tests for seven days
- From May, test sites will close and people with symptoms will no longer be advised that they need to seek a test
From 18th April 2022 free LF tests will still be available via the Scottish government:
- Fully vaccinated and have been in close contact with someone who tested positive
- Fully vaccinated and therefore eligible to end self-isolation early via testing negative on day 6 and day 7 and providing that you have no symptoms.
There will be a further update by the Scottish Government in the coming weeks with further changes and relaxation in regards to Covid-19 testing and isolation, we will update you accordingly.
It is important to note that the content of this article does not constitute to legal advice. If you have a specific query, then please do get in touch with us.
Reshape HR is here to assist. We work with a variety of clients based across the UK, so if you are looking for HR or Payroll support or simply looking to run something past us, please do get in touch with us via:
T: 0141 471 5510